Here are the goals and objectives set by the Community Museums Association of Prince Edward Island in its 2015-20 Strategic Plan.
To have stable core funding and appropriate diversified revenue sources to achieve CMA-PEI’s mission.
To be an example of efficient and strong governing practices to our membership.
To administer programs and professional development opportunities that meet the needs of our membership and promote high museum standards.
To engage with the public and government of PEI in order to build support and recognition for the Island’s museum community.
- to increase memberships
- to secure stable core funding
- to develop money generating strategies
- to review governance policies to ensure they are effective and up to date.
- to prepare a succession planning
- to visit each member to understand and meet members needs.
- to create a training plan based on the “2015 Training Survey”
- to promote the use of new technologies in museums
- to offer one on one training and museum advisory services
- to develop new programs that respond to identified needs of membership.
- to strengthen ties with government departments, provincial and national museum organizations.
- to build an appreciation amongst Islanders of the value of museums.
- to promote and maintain CMA-PEI sponsored awards.