The day-to-day operation of the Community Museums Association of Prince Edward Island is conducted by the organization’s Executive Director. (At this moment, this is the only staff at CMA-PEI.)
Among the responsibilities for this position are:
- to recruit members and maintain their database
- to develop and enhance partnerships
- to organize and coordinate professional development activities
- to research and create guidelines and toolkits
- to work with the bookkeeper for fiscal management
- to represent and promote the field in various events.
The position is presently held by Johanne Vigneault who assumed the role in May 2019.
Museums have always been a passion for me – first as a visitor and for the last 13 years, as a professional. I am a graduate from the University of Ottawa (B.A. in Art History and Theory) and from Montreal University (M.A. in Museum Studies). My previous positions in various heritage and art museums (volunteer, curator, educator, director) allowed me to acquire various skills in communications, teamwork, research and management. As a strong believer that museums have a social role and can make a difference in people’s lives, I am eager to help our members face the challenges they encounter and offer amazing experiences to their visitors.