ARTIFACT(S) LOAN INSURANCE GRANT
Starting in 2019, $ 3000 will be funded annually to the Community Museums Association of PEI from the Province of Prince Edward Island for the purpose of providing funds to Island museums to cover cost of insurance for artifact loans from the Province Collection.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Artifacts to be loaned from the provincial collection only and used for temporary exhibits only.
- Must be a CMA-PEI organizational museum member and be in good standing with CMA-PEI.
Requirements for Approval
- A completed application form
- A conditional loan agreement between lender and borrower
- An official written estimate from the insurer
- Ability of museum to succeed with project
- Artifact loan fits with goals and purpose of specified museum
- Significance of artifact in relation to exhibit
- Should more funding be required, ability of museum to cost difference
Funding will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Funding requests can be submitted at any time to CMA-PEI.
Requests once received will be reviewed at the following CMA-PEI Board meeting.